Norwegian Waffles with Cardamom
These tasty waffles are sure to please the pickiest of palates! They are easy to make and are heavenly with just a little bit of maple syrup, jam, honey, date butter, and/or crème fraîche. This recipe is from my dear Norwegian friend, Jenny, who was kind enough to gift us with her famous recipe as well as a Chef’s Choice heart-shaped waffle maker that you can purchase from:
- Waffle Maker
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup yogurt or kefir I use 2% greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Whisk together egg and sugar well.
- Then add all the wet ingredients (milk, water, yogurt, vanilla) and stir well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda) and slowly sift into the batter and stir the batter
- Let the batter sit and swell for about 10-15 minutes
- Melt the butter and add it to the batter.
- Pour the batter into your waffle maker and allow to bake until light brown and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- Invite friends and neighbors over and enjoy together!